rock paper scissors is seeking a highly motivated, part-time sales associate to join a close knit retail environment. must be organized, flexible, people-friendly, quick on your toes, able to multi-task and willing to work saturdays! retail experience and/or an affinity for paper and design a plus!
- day-to-day retail activities such as checking out customers and performing start and close of business (it is retail, after all)
- merchandising the front window and shelves (get creative)
- store maintenance, including walking the floor and tidying, restocking, etc. (we like things to look pretty)
- unpacking, pricing and merchandising new product shipments (feels like your birthday opening so many packages!)
- processing custom orders, including meeting with customers, creating detailed schedules and estimates and managing clients timelines and budgets, and advising them on best practices (read up on Emily Post!)
- hands on production on projects: invitation assembly, tying bows on wedding programs, creating drink stirrers, cutting out signs, etc. (bring on your martha stewart skills)
- occasional gift wrapping (more martha)
- data entry (let your inner nerd shine)
- light cleaning (if we had magical powers, we'd eliminate this, but alas, we can't!)
the right person will be a self-starter; able to think outside the box to help put organizational systems in place to help the RPS team grow! so if you're calm under fire, able to run a tight ship, love to be around pretty things and like to get creative, you might just be who we're looking for!
to apply, please send a cover letter & resume to hey@thinkrockpaperscissors.
com. STRICTLY NO PHONE CALLS.